CODE OF CONDUCT
The board of directors of Wade Hampton Little League has mandated the following Code of Conduct. All coaches and managers will read this Code of Conduct and sign in the space provided acknowledging that he or she understands and agrees to comply with the Code of Conduct.
Wade Hampton Little League Code of Conduct:
No Board Member, League Member, Manager, Coach, Player, Parents or Spectator shall:
• At any time, lay a hand upon, push, shove, strike, or threaten to strike an official.
• Be guilty of heaping personal verbal or physical abuse upon any official for any real or
imaginary belief of a wrong decision or judgment.
• Be guilty of an objectionable demonstration of dissent at an official’s decision by
throwing of gloves, helmets, hats, bats, balls, or any other forceful unsportsmanlike-
• Be guilty of using unnecessarily rough tactics in the play of a game against the body of
an opposing player.
• Be guilty of a physical attack upon any board member, official manager, coach, player
• Be guilty of the use of profane, obscene or vulgar language in any manner at any time.
• Appear on the field of play, stands, or anywhere while representing WHLL while in an
intoxicated state at any time. Intoxicated will be defined as an odor or behavior issue.
• Be guilty of gambling upon any play or outcome of any game with anyone at any time.
• No smoking while in the stands or on the playing field or in any dugout at any time.
Smoking will not be permitted on school property while at practice.
• Be guilty of discussing publicly with spectators in a derogatory or abusive manner any
play, decision or a personal opinion on any players during the game.
• As a manager or coach be guilty of mingling with or fraternizing with spectators
during the course of the game.
• Speak disrespectfully to any manager, coach, official or representative of the league.
• Be guilty of tampering or manipulation of any league rosters, schedules, draft positions
or selections, official score books, rankings, financial records or procedures.